Friday, November 26, 2010

Ranch market is my new vision of Disney World.

     Have you ever noticed how sometimes what you used to consider mediocre food brands suddenly become delicacies? After a long day of work and my first scooter accident, walking through isles of JIF Peanut Butter, Campbell's Soup, Kraft Mac and Cheese and Aunt Jemima Pancakes Mix almost brought tears to my eyes...


Fanny and I cutting the turkey
          
          When I read three weeks ago that Ranch Market every year imports hundreds of turkeys from the United States and sells already made Pumpkin pies, I had the idea to organize my first Thanksgiving dinner in Indonesia. I sent out detailed recipes of different typical dish to my French guests and agreed on meeting at my house on November 25th.



Thanksgiving plate



Appetizers
     Fanny's and I first Thanksgiving dinner couldn't have been better (aside from the small oven accident that almost blew the house out :)

     I thank all my guest for contributing to this wonderful American tradition while keeping their undeniable culinary French touch. Thank you also to our house keeper Purwanti, that made sure to startcook the turkey while we were at work.


Because games are fun!
    

Happy Thanksgiving to all my family and friends. I miss you more than you could ever imagine.

Love, C-


No comments:

Post a Comment