Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Ant episode

The street my house in on. The blue gate in the background is ours.
Today I came back from work exhausted... I went to the kitchen to get myself a fruit and discovered 2 delicious looking dinner plates that Purwanti had prepared for us for dinner. As I look closer to see what the ingredients are, I see ants (aka semut) crowling everywhere in one of the plates. I called Purwanti to let her know and insisted on this being TIDAK GAWAT (it doesn't matter, nothing to worry about). While a lot of Americans and French would have thrown the dish away, Purwanti on the other hand open the gaz stove and gently hovered the plate above the fire in order to get the ants out of there. She stood there for 15 minutes and eventually got rid of every single ant and put the plate this time back in the fridge. :)

New words I learnt today:

Saya Capek : I am tired
It's raining/rain : Hujan
Wait! : Tunggu
Sleep: Tidur
Yesterday: Kemarin
Difficult: susah
Ant: semut
No worries : tidak gawat

No comments:

Post a Comment