Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I have two rooms to myself and a maid. Life is good.

Entrance
Selamat Sore (good evening :))

My roomate, Fanny came back from France yesterday which allowed me to move in earlier than I thought. The house is beautiful, it is in a gated expat neighborhood called Cipete... literally 5 min away from the school. The house has 4 big rooms, 4 toilets, a beautifully decorated entrance (Fanny's been living here for 5 years, she's travelled EVERYWHERE in South East Asia and brought back many decorative furniture), a nice living/dining room area, an outdoor patio and a cute kitchen. The house also has an ensuite where the maid (her name is Pawaranti) washes and irons the clothes. It is more than anything I could have wished for. I took pictures today and hope to put them up as soon as possible...Life is good.

Today was my first day at the LIF too. The doors of the school were open to staff only. Aside from me there are 5 other new teachers... Everybody is really nice and welcoming. The school looks brand new and the atmosphere among the staff is very friendly and inviting. I am sure the next month will be pretty busy and I'm looking forward to concentrating on work and knowing my colleagues.

The weather hasn't been bad at all... it is hot and humid but very comfortable at the same time. For some reasons it still is a little rainy and overcast ( which is not normal at all apparently since we are in the middle of the dry season) which unfortunately attracts.... MOSQUITOES! 100 of them are eating my feet as I am writing...

And yes I have yet to discover more of the city of Jakarta and its people ( I have started to learn a bit of Bahasia Indonesia on the internet and am founding very useful to get around!). I have only been here for 3 days but I do feel a little trapped in my neighborhood/street. The traffic is very bad and right now I don't really have the time to sit an hour and and a half to travel 10km to the nearest supermarket. Next week is the end of Ramadan also called IDUL FITRI. We have Thursday and Friday off and hope to take advantage of my extended weekend.

Selamat Jalan,



C-
Street in the evening

Living Room


No comments:

Post a Comment