Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thursday night : SALSA!

Salsa at the Ritz Carlton

           Wherever I lived, I've always felt true happiness when dancing salsa... Not long after I arrived in Jakarta, I started asking around and searching the internet for my next salsa spot. I ended up going to my first salsa night last Thursday at the Ritz Carlton Jakarta: totally beyond my expectations. An awesome live Indonesian native spanish speaking salsa band, working air conditioning, nice people and a fabulous colombian salsa dancer without whom I most likely wouldn't have dance as much; The Indonesian dancers don't really dance with Caucasian women... expect if they are what we call P.Is : personal instructors... in which case you pay them to dance with you. Did you say Salsa prostitute? :) Am I in the Indonesian version of Dirty  Dancing?

After quick consideration, I think having 2 men in my life right now is already enough: my Ojek driver Kiki and Rony, my devoted personal trainer.


Salsa night
            Even if I had a great time, salsa dancing in Jakarta made me feel nostalgic about Portland: the Mumbo lounge, and not one but hundreds of South American dancers. Which led me to think: what if Colombia was the next country on my "to-live" list?

C-

No comments:

Post a Comment